You can choose to have an energy efficient HVAC installation that includes equipment with the energy ratings. For air conditioning units, you will want to go with the highest SEER rating available. SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio and is a measure of how efficient a unit is able to cool your home. This will help reduce your electric bill during the hottest times of the year when you use your air conditioning the most.

If you are replacing your air conditioner with your HVAC installation, you may want to consider purchasing a heat pump that will cool your home during the summer and heat it during the winter. You will want to choose a model with a high SEER and HSPF rating. The term HSPF is for Heating Season Performance Factor and is in reality just a winter SEER rating that applies to heat. Heat pumps can help you reduce your energy costs during the winter in areas with milder climates like Kingsville, TX. Heat pumps transfer heat from outside air into your home.  Heat coils kick in when temperatures dip into the low 40’s or colder to assist the heat pump. 

When replacing a furnace, we recommend going with HVAC equipment with the highest AFUE rating you can afford.  Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) is a ratio of energy used to energy wasted to heat a space. For example, a gas furnace with an AFUE of 90 uses 90 percent of the fuel used to create heat while the other 10 percent goes up your chimney. If you currently have a furnace that is 15 years or older, you could possibly save up to 40 percent on your energy use because many have AFUE ratings in the 60 percent range.

If you really want to go green with your HVAC installation, consider a renewable energy option such as installing solar panels on your home. You can reduce your home’s electric bills by almost half by generating much of the electricity needed to run your air conditioner during the hot summer months. With tax incentives and utility rebates, you can realize a return on your investment within seven years or less in some cases.

Contact our experts at Bodine-Scott Air Conditioning to learn more about the energy efficient options we have to offer for HVAC installation in Kingsville, TX. We are the Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer that can help you save money on your energy bills and protect the environment.

Pin It on Pinterest